Which Pokmon do you need to defeat in raids for this Collection Challenge?
The Raid Collection Challenge is one of the Collection Challenge for the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event.
There are a total of 10 Collection Challenges for you to complete as part of Tour Kanto event – Pallet Town, Pewter City, Cerulean City, Fuchsia City, Pokémon League, Research, Evolve, Trade and Incense. The latter two are different depending on whether you’re playing the Red or Green version of the event.
Below you can find every Pokémon in the Raid Collection Challenge and you’ll have till 9pm (local time) on Saturday, 20th February, which is also the end of the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event.
On this page:
List of Pokémon and rewards for the Raid Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
The Raid Collection Challenge tasks you with catching a number of Pokémon by defeating them in raids during the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event in Pokémon Go. If you catch or obtain a Pokémon on this list outside of a raid, it will not count towards completing this challenge.
This challenge will only be available till Sunday, 28th February at 7:59pm (local time), so there’s a good chance you can complete this Collection Challenge.
You will also need to purchase a ticket for the event if you wish to access this Collection Challenge.
Here are the eight Pokémon you need to obtain for the Raid Collection Challenge:
Remember – this challenge can only be completed by catching the Pokémon you defeat in raids, so finding these Pokémon in the wild, hatching them from eggs, trading for them or rescuing their Shadow versions won’t count.
For completing the Raid Collection Challenge, you’ll receive REWARD.
Which Pokémon are available in raids during the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event?
Throughout the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event there will be multiple raids for you to partake in; some of the Pokémon in these raids will be part of the Raid Collection Challenge, others will not.
We’ve listed all of the Pokémon, including their raid tier below, to help you decide which raids you wish to partake in:
Tips for completing the Raid Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go
Here are some tips which will help you complete the Raid Collection Challenge in Pokémon Go:
- If you want to add the Raid Collection Challenge to your Elite Collector medal, then you’ll have to do so before the end of the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto at 9pm (local time) on Saturday, 20th February.
- Thanks to Remote Raid Passes you can now safely join raids from the comfort of your own home!
- If you’re having trouble finding people to find with, try looking for a Pokémon Go group for your local area on Facebook, Discord, Twitter or other social media services. Here you’ll be able to coordinate when and where to battle in raids.
- Before entering a raid battle, remember to plan out your Pokémon team to include creatures which can counter the raid boss and exploit its weakness.
- If you’re planning on partaking in multiple raids throughout Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto remember to stock up on a variety of health items beforehand, so you don’t have to spend time farming PokéStops.
- Try to avoid having any of your Pokémon team faint during the raid battle, as this will decrease the amount of Premier Balls you receive, which will make the raid boss harder to catch.
- Remember to use either Razz or Nanab berry when attempting to catch the raid boss.
- If you’re having trouble catching a raid boss, try throwing the PokéBall after it moves, since there should be a few seconds where the Pokémon is standing still.
The Season of Celebration has arrived! With it comes a level cap increase – including the addition of XL Candy, the Legacy 40 Challenge quest and boosts to some XP sources – Platinum Medals, the arrival of Gen 6 Pokémon such as Espurr and changes to the Go Battle League
How the Raid Collection Challenge works in Pokémon Go
Collection Challenges in Pokémon Go were released in January 2021 and run alongside certain in-game events. Each Collection Challenge will see you catching a number of Pokémon that, thanks to the event, are either appearing more frequently in the wild or are obtained by completing a certain feature of the game – in this case, raids.
Once you’ve completed the Collection Challenge by catching or obtaining each Pokémon, you’ll be rewarded with a number of items and progress for your Elite Collector medal.
The Raid Collection Challenge is part of the Pokémon Go Tour: Kanto event and is only available till Sunday, 28th February at 7:59pm (local time).
Collection Challenges can be found on the ‘Today View,’ which is accessed by pressing the field research button (the little binoculars) in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Depending on whether you’ve been looking at your current field or special research tasks, you may have to scroll to your left.
After accessing ‘Today View,’ you’ll find a list of the Pokémon you need to catch to complete the Collection Challenge. Catching a Pokémon in the Collection Challenge rooster will tick it off the list to help you keep track of which Pokémon you still need to obtain.
It’s important to note that only Pokémon obtained via raids will count towards this Collection Challenge; meaning any Pokémon caught in the wild, traded, Shadow Pokémon or ones hatched from eggs will all be exempt.
Remember – the Raid Collection Challenge must be completed before 9pm (local time) on Saturday, 20th February or else you’ll never be able to add it to your Elite Collector medal.
Good luck completing this Collection Challenge!